World Languages (P2P Certification)
D&E proudly offers a state-of-the-art world language certificate program.
The World Language P2P (Pathways to Proficiency) program is designed to allow full-time D&E students to develop their skills in a variety of languages in a flexible but supportive environment. Along with two 1-hour scheduled courses to support student learning, students participate in a mentored program, which includes face-to-face study groups as well as guided online practice and out-of-class informal communications. Participants may gain an extra 3, 6, 9 or 12 semester hours of credit based on an online assessment. Students may become certified in any language not their native tongue and that can be tested.
Why get certified in a World Language?
In an increasingly globalized world, proficiency in more than one language is a valued skill set in many fields. Demonstrable proficiency in a language is often required for some graduate studies.
D&E’s unique program allows motivated students to enjoy an environment in which to improve their proficiency of a language they may have had experience in or are just starting. Students also may use their certification to apply for the Global Seal of Biliteracy.
Certification Program and Coursework
- World Language 100 and 200 coursework to provide support and guidance in learning – 1 hour each
- Certification of Proficiency Level in the following languages: (Using the STAMP assessment)
- Spanish, German, French (study groups and guided practice available)
- Also available per student request: Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian
- Coursework for Spanish Minor: Open to eligible students who have achieved 12 hours via the P2P certificate
- Advanced Conversation and Composition – 3 hours
- Professional Spanish (course content aligned with student’s major) – 3 hours
- Hispanic Cultures through Movies and Short Stories – 3 hours
Leading the Way.
Lead the Way at D&E. Contact us today.