The students in the Davis & Elkins Honors Program are motivated students! They are curious about the world around them and passionate about what they do. Students will work closely with faculty to develop lasting relationships. Honor students take on personal projects and communicate their work for the campus and Elkins community. Throughout their educational career, Honors students are given increased opportunities to explore vocational goals that will help them succeed in their future careers. In the program they will develop real-world, critical thinking skills for thoughtful engagement in the world. Students participate in volunteer, leadership, and research experiences.
- 3.6 cumulative high school GPA
- 23 ACT Composite score or 1130 SAT composite score
- Personal essay
How to graduate with Honors
- Maintain a cumulative 3.6 college GPA
- Complete 12 credits of Honors courses
- Complete 2 experiential events per semester. Examples include: Semester study abroad, Volunteer activities, Honor’s leadership, intellectual, or social events.