- M.B.A. with Hospitality Management Emphasis, Lynn University, Boca Raton, Fla.
- B.S., West Virginia Wesleyan College, Buckhannon, W.Va.
- Certified Executive Chef (CEC); American Culinary Federation
- Rules and Regulations of Workplace Safety and OSHA Compliance, Greenburg, Pa., July 2012
- Southeast Regional Conference of the American Culinary Federation, Winston-Salem, N.C., March 2012
- Northeast Regional Conference of the American Culinary Federation, Columbus, Ohio, 2011
- Southeast Regional Conference of the American Culinary Federation, Nashville, Tenn., 2010
- Cook. Craft. Create., ACF, Phoenix, Arizona, July 2016
- Executive Chef, Snowshoe Mountain Resort, Snowshoe, W.Va.
- Apprentice, The Greenbrier, White Sulphur Springs, W.Va.
- Chef, Lakeview Resort & Conference Center, Morgantown, W.Va.
- Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Quality Service
- Basic Foods
- Lodging Operations
- Food and Beverage Planning Control
- Principles of Management
- Conference and Convention Management
- Resort Management
- Quantity Food Production
- Senior Internship
- The Art of Eating
- Quality Food Production
Research Interests/Professional Activities
- Vice President and Member, Sigma Beta Delta – International Business Honor Society
- Junior Member, American Culinary Federation
- Secretary, Board of Trustees, Randolph County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Vice President, Board of Trustees, Elkins Depot Welcome Center
- Member, Advisory Board, Culinary Pro Start, Randolph Technical Center
- Educator, West Virginia Hospitality and Travel Association
Melanie Campbell has completed re-certification with the American Culinary Federation four times, which includes 80 continuing education requirements each time along with continued work in the field of culinary arts. Selected as one of the “Top 5 Chefs” in West Virginia for sustainable efforts by Executive Magazine of West Virginia, Campbell has won and judged numerous culinary competitions. She recently attended the annual West Virginia Tourism Day at the Capitol and served as guest chef at the Annual Legislative Reception at the Culture Center. Campbell also has participated in 4-H Camp as an instructor with youth and young adult/teens and has served as a judge for culinary projects.