- N.H.D., Clayton College of Natural Health, Birmingham, Ala.
- M.S. Nursing, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
- B.S. Nursing, West Virginia Wesleyan College, Buckhannon, W.Va.
Faculty Traineeship in Gerontological Nursing, Partners for Education in Gerontology, George Mason University
- Registered Extern, Duke University Medical Center
- Registered Nurse, University of Virginia Medical Center
- Registered Nurse, West Virginia University Hospitals – Ruby Memorial Hospital
- Management of Care
- Maternal-Newborn and Women’s Health
- Nursing Care of Older Adults
- Disruptions in Health
- Simulation Lab Coordinator
Research Interests/Professional Activities
- Member, National League for Nursing
- Member, West Virginia League for Nursing
- Member, Alpha Delta Kappa (International Honorary Organization of Women Educators)
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau (International Honor Society of Nursing)
- Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) National Forum, Tucson, Ariz.
Dr. Swecker is the recipent of the 2012 Lois Latham Award for Teaching Excellence, presented annually to an outstanding D&E educator who is characterized by a distinguished intellectual career; enthusiasm for scholarship and intellectual curiosity; and, most importantly, by evidence that it is their professional calling to nurture the intellectual and personal growth of others.