Judith Hornor Savage Memorial Scholarship
Full Nursing Scholarship for 4 Years!
The Judith Hornor Savage Memoral Scholarship was created by David Savage (“Donor”) in memory of his wife, Judith, to honor her devotion as a hospice nurse, EMT/Paramedic and volunteer. During her career, Judith enjoyed working with children in a number of capacities. She was among a group of nurses who created the first pediatric hospice program at Children’s Hospital in Cincinnati to provide comfort for children and families during this difficult time. She also provided healthcare for children in Africa and established a malnutrition ward in Lisaka, Zambia.
Judith’s family has a long history in the Elkins community. Her grandfather, William Keim, was a tutor for the Elkins children, was a founder of Citizens National Bank and served as a sheriff in Randolph County. Judith’s mother, Eleanor Keim Hornor, was a 1919 graduate of Davis & Elkins College and her father, Thomas, was a teacher in the Elkins school district. Her parents were married in the Baptist church in Elkins.
- WV Resident
- 2022 Bachelor of Science in Nursing major
- Davis & Elkins College admitted student (must be admitted by 7/25)
- Documented financial need (Must have completed FAFSA)
- Commitment to the field of nursing
- Applications accepted through July 25, 2022.
- Scholarship finalist will be chosen by a scholarship selection committee based on requirements outlined above.