D&E COVID-19 statistics
The cooperative effort to maintain a safe and healthy campus is the top priority at D&E. In an effort to provide a complete picture about the status of COVID-19 on campus, click here for updated COVID-19 data. Click here for updated vaccination data.
Random COVID-19 testing on campus
In compliance with the mandate by the State of West Virginia, 10% of the campus community (students, faculty, and staff) must be tested each week for COVID-19. The test utilizes the VAULT saliva-based PCR test instrument. Any student receiving an email indicating you have been selected to test is required to comply.
Student Activities Schedule
The D&E Office of Student Life has announced the following schedule of free student activities:
- Free Friday: Back by Popular Demand, D&E Senator Neck Buffs/Gaiters (Friday)
- Super Saturday: Women’s History Month Program — Trivia Night (Saturday)
- Mental Health/Wellness Day: R U OK? (Monday)
- Women’s History Month Program — Successful Women in Male-Dominated Professions: Financial Planning (Tuesday)
- Workshop Wednesday: Block Printing (Wednesday)
- Workshop Wednesday: Make your own Stress Ball (Wednesday)
- Campfire & S’mores (Thursday)
- Free Friday: Holi Festival (complete with Chicken Curry, Basmati Rice, Naan Bread, and Mango Lassi) (March 26)
- Super Saturday: Bumper Cars (March 27)
For complete details, students should check their March 18 email from the Office of Student Life. Be sure to wear your face mask, keep your hands clean, and practice social distancing at all student activities. All events will have COVID-19 protocols and procedures in place. Your full cooperation is appreciated.
Residential students should complete D&E meal service form
Any student living on campus should complete the meal service form. Information from this form will be used in case the student is placed in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure.
As we embark on the second half of the Spring 2021 semester, we wish to emphasize the importance of continued COVID-19 safety practices among students. D&E had two new positive cases this week, the second consecutive week with new positive cases after a month with no new cases. We will keep you updated as to the availability of vaccines for students prior to the end of the semester as we are updated. In the meantime, please help keep the D&E campus safe and healthy. Wear your mask, practice social distancing, wash your hands frequently, avoid large crowds, and encourage your fellow students to do the same. Stay diligent and stay safe.