D&E COVID-19 statistics
The cooperative effort to maintain a safe and healthy campus is the top priority at D&E. In an effort to provide a complete picture about the status of COVID-19 on campus, click here for updated 2021 COVID data and click here for updated vaccination data.
Actions required for May 2021 graduates
Details and requirements are available for students graduating in May, including:
- students who have not applied for May 2021 Graduation must contact Amelia Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Ext. 1280
- Countdown to Commencement meetings are scheduled for Tuesday, March 2, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., and Wednesday, March 3, 2-4 p.m.; location is Timms Lounge (face masks and social distancing required)
Random, mandatory COVID-19 testing on campus
Each week 10% of the campus community (students, faculty, and staff) are required to be tested for COVID-19. This has been mandated by the State of West Virginia and utilizes the VAULT saliva-based PCR test instrument. If you receive an email indicating you have been selected to test, you are required to comply.
Important D&E calendar dates
- Wednesday, March 3 – Study Day (no classes)
- Tuesday, March 9 – Mid-term grades due by 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 16 – Registration Day for Fall 2021 Semester
Weekend student activities
The D&E Office of Student Life has announced the schedule of free weekend student activities. Activities include:
- Free Friday: Mardi Gras [Gumbo, Beignets, and King Cakes] (Friday)
- Black History Month Program: Pre-Valentine’s Weekend Movie Night (Friday)
- Black History Month Program: Mamma’s Kitchen (Saturday)
- Black History Month Program: Rhythm & Blues (R&B) Paint & Sip (Saturday)
- Valentine’s Day Celebration: Couples Corn Hole Tournament, Make Your Own Valentine, and What is your Love Language? (Saturday)
- Back by Popular Demand – Teddy Bear Stuffers Workshop: Valentine’s Day Edition (Monday, rescheduled from Friday)
For complete details, students should check their Wednesday (February 10) email from the Office of Student Life. Be sure to wear your face mask, keep your hands clean, and practice social distancing at all student activities. The events will have COVID-19 protocols and procedures in place. Your full cooperation is appreciated.
Level 1 and Level 2 account holds must be resolved
Any students with a Level 1 or Level 2 hold on their accounts must resolve those holds prior to Class Registration Day on March 16. Check the Self-Service portal for status of student accounts.
Residential students should complete D&E meal service form
Any residential student who has not already done so should complete the meal service form. Information from this completed form will be used in case the student is placed in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure.
The D&E campus has responded! With many students relaxing their COVID-19 practices and cases increasing in some areas across the nation, including some college campuses, we continue to decrease cases. The continued commitment to health and safety among D&E students is deeply appreciated. Do not relax your safety practices and don’t let your fellow students relax, either. Thank you for your diligence and stay safe.