D&E COVID-19 statistics
The cooperative effort to maintain a safe and healthy campus is the top priority at D&E. It should be noted we had our second consecutive week with no new cases. In an effort to provide a complete picture about the status of COVID-19 on campus, click here for updated 2021 COVID data and click here for updated vaccination data.
Summer and Fall 2021 schedules now available for students
The Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 schedules are now available for review by students. Please make an appointment with your advisor to discuss your academic plans.
May graduates: Commencement meetings next week
Students graduating in May must meet graduation requirements, including:
- application for May 2021 Graduation by contacting Amelia Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Ext. 1280
- attendance at one of two scheduled Countdown to Commencement meetings on Tuesday, March 2, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., and Wednesday, March 3, 2-4 p.m.; location is Timms Lounge (face masks and social distancing required)
Important D&E calendar dates
- Wednesday, March 3 – Study Day (no classes)
- Tuesday, March 9 – Mid-term grades due by 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 16 – Registration Day for Fall 2021 Semester
Random COVID-19 testing continues on campus
As part of the mandate by the State of West Virginia, 10% of the campus community (students, faculty, and staff) must be tested each week for COVID-19. The test utilizes the VAULT saliva-based PCR test instrument. If you receive an email indicating you have been selected to test, you are required to comply.
Student Activities Schedule
The D&E Office of Student Life has announced the schedule of free weekend student activities. Activities include:
- Free Friday: Spring Lantern Festival (Friday)
- Glow Bingo (Saturday)
- Toasty Thursday (March 4)
- Free Friday: Paint & Sip (March 5)
For complete details, students should check their Wednesday (February 24) email from the Office of Student Life. Be sure to wear your face mask, keep your hands clean, and practice social distancing at all student activities. The events will have COVID-19 protocols and procedures in place. Your full cooperation is appreciated.
Level 1 and Level 2 account holds must be resolved
Any students with a Level 1 or Level 2 hold on their accounts must resolve those holds prior to Class Registration Day on March 16. Check the Self-Service portal for status of student accounts.
Residential students should complete D&E meal service form
Any residential student who has not already done so should complete the meal service form. Information from this completed form will be used in case the student is placed in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure.
D&E continues to shine in the area of COVID-19 prevention, with no new cases again this week! Do not relax your safety practices and don’t let your fellow students relax, either! Stay diligent and stay safe.