The cooperative effort to maintain a safe and healthy campus is the top priority at D&E. It should be noted that in over three weeks we have only faced one positive case, zero in the past two week-period – amidst vast testing of the general campus community and intensive testing of many of our student athletes. In an effort to provide a complete picture about the status of COVID-19 on campus, click here for updated 2021 COVID data and click here for updated vaccination data.
Summer and Fall 2021 schedules now available for students
The Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 schedules are now available for review by students. Please make an appointment with your advisor to discuss your academic plans.
Actions required for May 2021 graduates
Details and requirements are available for students graduating in May, including:
- students who have not applied for May 2021 Graduation must contact Amelia Rossi at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Ext. 1280
- Countdown to Commencement meetings are scheduled for Tuesday, March 2, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., and Wednesday, March 3, 2-4 p.m.; location is Timms Lounge (face masks and social distancing required)
Important D&E calendar dates
- Wednesday, March 3 – Study Day (no classes)
- Tuesday, March 9 – Mid-term grades due by 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 16 – Registration Day for Fall 2021 Semester
Random, mandatory COVID-19 testing on campus
Each week 10% of the campus community (students, faculty, and staff) are required to be tested for COVID-19. This has been mandated by the State of West Virginia and utilizes the VAULT saliva-based PCR test instrument. If you receive an email indicating you have been selected to test, you are required to comply.
Weekend student activities
The D&E Office of Student Life has announced the schedule of free weekend student activities. Activities include:
- Free Friday: Black History Month Program: Poetry Slam (Friday)
- Light Up the Night (Saturday)
- The Ohio Burn Unit (Saturday)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon and Zeta Kappa Xi Corn Hole Tournament (Saturday)
- Black History Month Program: “From the Streets to the Stage: The Journey of Fredrick Davis” (Monday)
- Free Friday: Chinese New Year Celebration (February 26)
- Glow Bingo (February 27)
- Back by Popular Demand-Ski/Snow Board Trip (February 28)
For complete details, students should check their Wednesday (February 17) email from the Office of Student Life. Be sure to wear your face mask, keep your hands clean, and practice social distancing at all student activities. The events will have COVID-19 protocols and procedures in place. Your full cooperation is appreciated.
Level 1 and Level 2 account holds must be resolved
Any students with a Level 1 or Level 2 hold on their accounts must resolve those holds prior to Class Registration Day on March 16. Check the Self-Service portal for status of student accounts.
Residential students should complete D&E meal service form
Any residential student who has not already done so should complete the meal service form. Information from this completed form will be used in case the student is placed in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure.
Way to go, Senators! Your continued commitment to health and safety among D&E students is helping to keep COVID-19 cases down on campus, and that’s deeply appreciated. Do not relax your safety practices and don’t let your fellow students relax, either! Stay diligent and stay safe.