Happy Friday! In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, we hope you have opportunities to safely connect with family and friends. Keep in mind, however, that adhering to safety protocols while you are at home is vital.
With the Christmas holiday next week and the New Year’s holiday the following week, we will distribute this D&E student update on Wednesday during those two weeks. Please be sure to read the entire update and share it with your parents/guardians.
Ongoing COVID-19 testing and vaccine distribution
Davis & Elkins College continues to work closely with local and state officials to secure supplies necessary to keep the campus safe when we return in 2021. Testing supplies and testing requirements are being discussed for the entire student population, student-athletes may have additional requirements, as well as testing for faculty and staff. More information will be shared with you as we receive it. As a Closed POD, which the CDC defines as a designated point of dispensing for vaccines and the like, D&E anticipates having access to vaccines for students early in the new year. We are also part of the state’s plan to provide vaccines for educators and intend to start employee vaccinations later this month.
Holds to be placed on student accounts requiring attention
Holds on student accounts for the Spring 2021 semester have been placed on applicable student accounts. Please check your Self-Service Portal to see if there has been a hold placed on your account. Holds are now being assigned different levels:
- Level 3 is the most severe. Immediate action is required or you will not be admitted to classes, dormitories, or the dining hall.
- For a Business Office hold (student account to be paid in full or payment plan established), contact email@example.com
- For a financial aid-related hold, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a Student Life-Medical hold (to provide requested medical records), contact email@example.com
- Level 2 is less severe but must be taken care of as soon as possible or you will not be able to register for classes for the next semester.
- For a Registrar’s Office hold (to provide requested transcripts), contact Registrar@dewv.edu
- For an International Student Services Hold (to provide required documentation), contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 1 is the least severe, but needs be taken care of before you will be able to register for classes for the next semester.
- For a Student Life Disciplinary hold (to complete sanctions as provided in disciplinary hearing), contact email@example.com
- For a SafeCollege Training hold (to complete appropriate online training), contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All offices will be open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. through December 22, and then reopening again on January 4 to assist you with your holds. If your account has a Level 3 hold, you will not be admitted to classes, dormitories or the dining hall until that hold has been satisfied. Please make every effort to resolve your hold(s) prior to attempting to returning to campus. Continue to check the Self-Service portal daily to confirm you do not have a hold(s) on your account prior to returning to campus.
Students not returning next semester must notify Office of Student Life
Any student not returning next semester must follow appropriate procedures with Angie Scott. She can be reached by phone at 304-637-1983 (office) or 304-642-6217 (mobile); by email at email@example.com; or in person on the third floor of Halliehurst.
Spring 2021 Academic Calendar
D&E has announced the Spring 2021 Academic Calendar. You may access the calendar by following this link.
Packages cannot be forwarded from D&E during holiday breaks
Packages delivered to the D&E campus cannot be forwarded to your home. Any packages received after Thanksgiving will be held at the D&E mail room until campus reopens on January 4. The mail room will be open during regular hours for in-person pick up except when the College is closed for holiday breaks. The mail room will be closed from December 23 through January 1.
Check this weekly student update, the D&E Mobile App, and your email regularly for updates. The Emergency Notification System (nixle) will also be used as appropriate.
Please wear a face mask, practice social distancing, and stay well.