The Mountain Highlands of West Virginia provide students with more than one million acres of National Forest lands and hundreds of miles of rivers and streams to explore.
With 10 state parks and three state forests nearby, students at Davis & Elkins College can go hiking, kayaking, climbing, skiing, biking, caving and much more, right in our backyard! In addition to nature’s playground, there are several resorts and outdoor adventure centers a short distance from campus.
Outdoor recreation courses have been held at the following locations:
- Blackwater Outdoor Adventures
- Canaan Valley Resort
- Cheat River
- Dolly Sods Wilderness
- Monongahela National Forest
- Nelson Rocks Outdoor Center
- Otter Creek Wilderness
- Seneca Rocks National Recreation Area
- Shavers Fork of the Cheat River
- Timberline Four Seasons Resort
- Tygart Valley River
- White Grass Ski Touring Center