After the VISA Interview
- Contact International Student Services for shuttle sign-up and the Orientation schedule.
- Make airline reservations and travel arrangements.
- Get missing immunizations, including an English-language translation of the record.
- Consider prescription medications you may need with a copy of your doctor’s prescription.
- Put your I-20 or DS-2019, financial documents, passport, immunization records and admission letter in your carry-on luggage.
On the Plane
- Complete your I-94 and customs declaration form during the plane ride.
At the U.S. Port of Entry (Customs Area)
- Give the immigration official your I-20 or DS-2019, passport and customs declaration form with the I-94 form attached.
- Before you leave, be certain that the immigration official stamped both your I-94 card and I-20 or DS-2019 with either F1 D/S or J1 D/S.
- Check in at the Office of Student Life – International Student Services!
- Attend the orientation program.
- Get your D&E ID card and bring your I-20 or DS-2019, passport and I-94 card.
- Present immunization records to Office of Student Life.
- Pay tuition and health insurance fee.
- If you plan to live off campus, read the international student off campus housing policy.