As part of the first-year seminar film appreciation class, a film screening will be held every Sunday at 7 p.m. in the Booth Library Community Room. The screenings are open to the entire campus community. Presented by the Theatre Department.
- August 26: Text & Subtext; Aliens (1986); directed by James Cameron
- September 2: Cinematography, Editing and Action; Lola Rennt (Run Lola Run) (1999); directed by Tom Tykwer
- September 9: Mise en Scene, Art Direction and Color; Mad Max: Fury Road (2015); directed by George Miller
- September 16: Documentary; Grey Gardens (1975); directed by Albert & David Maysles
- September 23: Audio, Music and Subconscious; Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010); directed by Edgar Wright
- September 30: Genre; Halloween (1979); directed by John Carpenter
- October 7: Midterm; TBD
- October 14: Feminist Cinema; Daisies (1966); directed by Věra Chytilová
- October 21: Short & Experimental Film; Paris je t’aime (2006); directed by a lot of folks
- October 28: Black Cinema; Do the Right Thing (1989); directed by Spike Lee
- November 4: Historical Cinema; I, Tonya (2017); directed by Craig Gillespie
- November 11; Satire & Politics; Starship Troopers (1997); directed by Paul Verhoeven
- December 2: Final Overview; Black Panther (2018); directed by Ryan Coogler
Please note that many of these films often include graphic content such as violence, sexuality and explicit language. Viewer discretion is advised.