Davis & Elkins College: Office of Student Life
2019-2020 Academic Year Room Sign-ups
How does this work?
Room sign-ups will be done according to credit hours passed and G.P.A. The higher the number of credit hours passed and the higher the G.P.A., the closer you are to the top of the list.
Residence Hall Configuration:
· Darby Hall: First-year men and upperclassmen males looking for a single sex housing option.
· Gribble Hall: Upperclassmen males and females. Co-ed by floor.
· Morrison-Novakovic Center for Faith and Public Policy: By invitation.
· Moyer Hall: Upperclassmen males and females. Co-ed by floor.
· Presidential Center: Upperclassmen males and females (meeting the requirements referenced below). Co-ed by suite.
· Roxanna Booth Hall: First-year women and upperclassmen females looking for a single sex housing option.
· Special Note: At this point, one hallway of the Robert C. Byrd Center for Hospitality & Tourism is slated to house upperclassmen with a residential leadership community focus (Phi Omega Mu). A key feature of the Robert C. Byrd Center for Hospitality & Tourism is private bathroom facilities.
What does it cost?
Room & Board (in Darby, Gribble, Morrison-Novakovic, Moyer, Presidential, and Roxanna Booth)
$3,900 (room) +
$6,700 total per semester
$1,950 (room) +
$4,750 total per semester
Room & Board (in the Robert C. Byrd Center for Hospitality & Tourism)
$4,290 (room) +
$7,090 total per semester
$2,145 (room) +
$4,945 total per semester
How do I know when to sign-up?
You will receive an email delivered to your Davis & Elkins College email account by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, April 29, 2019. It will have a date and a time listed for you to sign up. If you cannot make the assigned time you must make special arrangements through Ms. Kate Garlick, Assistant Dean of Students, Office of Student Life at email@example.com. If you miss your appointment without notifying the Office of Student Life prior, you will be bumped to the end of the list.
Please note that if you have ANY holds on your account (i.e. Business Office, Financial Planning, etc.), or if you have not yet registered for classes for Fall 2019, you will not be permitted to sign up for a room. For an Office of Student Life hold, once again, please see Ms. Kate Garlick, Assistant Dean of Students, Office of Student Life.
What if I want a roommate?
If you are higher on the list for sign-ups than your roommate, you simply need to bring along their name and ID number. With those two things you may “pull in” a roommate. This applies ONLY to rooms, not to entire suites at the Presidential Center.
What if I want a single and there aren’t any available?
At the time of sign-ups, if a single room is not available you can request to be placed on a waiting list for a single room.
Are there restrictions to live in the Presidential Center?
To live in the Presidential Center you must have completed 30 credit hours and have a 2.5 cumulative G.P.A. If you are a first-year student you may sign up for the Presidential Center if your credit hours and G.P.A. will meet the requirements at the end of the spring semester of 2019. If you do not meet the requirements, you will lose your room in the Presidential Center and be placed in another residence hall.
Summer renovations/improvements in the residence halls?
As part of our efforts to improve the residence halls, the common areas (lounges and hallways) of both Darby Hall and Roxanna Booth Hall will be renovated this summer.
- Monday, April 29, 2019: You will receive an email delivered to your Davis & Elkins College email account by 11:59 p.m. It will have a date and a time listed for you to sign up.
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019, Wednesday, May 1, 2019, and Friday, May 3, 2019: Room Sign-ups in the Timms Lounge of the Madden Student Center from 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.