We did it again! Thanks so much to all who participated in Davis & Elkins College’s 2016 Day of Giving. With your help (nearly 300 of you and counting), we’ve raised more than $240,300 so far and we know there will be more as envelopes dropped in the mail October 15 make their way to us.
Every gift made in support of D&E’s Day of Giving will help sustain the current generation of Senators as well as those who will come next. You have shown what can happen when we work together, towards one common goal: to Secure the Future for this College we all so love so dearly. Thanks to the McDonnell Challenge, those gifts were matched, bringing the total to $480,600!
Gifts for D&E’S DAY OF GIVING may be made by mailing a check to the Development Office (100 Campus Dr., Elkins, WV 26241) or by making an online gift at www.dewv.edu/giveonline.
Your support on Giving Day provides:
- Financial Aid and Scholarships – Approximately 85 percent of D&E students receive some sort of financial aid or scholarship. For most, a college education simply would not be possible without this support.
- Academic Program Support – Strengthening D&E academics is key to building a vibrant and relevant course of study for today’s Senators. Gifts to academic programs provide equipment and supplies as well as other necessities in today’s higher education environment.
- Student Services – The Naylor Learning Center, Office of Career Services & Student Employment and Writing Center are examples of the student-focused services that are supported by your gift.
- Library and Technical Support – In an increasingly technical world, the support of library services and technology provides a much-needed edge for D&E students. Staying current is crucial to giving our students the advantage they need once they receive their degrees and are seeking to make their way in the world.
- Senator Nation – The Senator Nation proudly represents Davis & Elkins College both on the field of competition and off. Nearly 40 percent of the D&E student body participates in an intercollegiate sport. The athletic department’s mission is to Develop Excellence in four pillars: Education, Engagement, Character and Competition.
- Campus Upkeep – Nearly all who visit D&E comment on the beauty of our grounds and historic buildings. Gifts help maintain buildings, keep up with mowing in the summer and snow removal in the winter, and adorn our campus with beautiful flowers. Also, don’t forget, your gift helps keep the lights on!
Ways to Give
- Give Online Now
- Call: 304-637-1374
- Mail your gift to: Davis & Elkins College, Development Office, 100 Campus Drive, Elkins, WV 26241