Located at the entrance to the College, Davis Memorial Presbyterian Church’s history is integrally tied to the College’s own history.
In 1894, Henry Gassaway Davis provided the funds to build the current church building as a memorial to his mother, and Steven Benton Elkins’ family provided the Tiffany stained glass windows.
Today, the College and DMPC see each other as crucial partners in their individual missions and enjoy a growing and mutually-supportive relationship. In the past, DMPC’s associate pastor has served as D&E’s Benfield-Vick Chaplain as part of his call to DMPC.
Visit DMPC online to learn more.