D&E proudly claims its heritage as a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)-related college, embracing the broad diversity of our student body, and providing the space and climate where spiritual needs and views of students of different faiths can be nurtured and shared in both discussion and service.
While our primary foundational church relationship is with the PC(USA), we are also purposefully building relationships with local congregations from other denominations in order to serve our students’ spiritual needs more fully. Specifically, we are:
- nurturing our 1001 New Worshipping Community that is student-led and growing!;
- creating intentional opportunities to nurture our students’ spiritual lives as an integral part of their personal and academic growth through conversation, study, service and fellowship;
- inviting local congregations to make contact with and support students who come from other faith traditions;
- providing pastoral support through our Benfield-Vick Chaplain;
- providing mission, community service and travel opportunities where students can put their faith in action;
- strengthening our relationship with Davis Memorial Presbyterian Church as a base for fellowship, learning, worship, and academic partnership;
- offering scholarships; and
- inviting congregations as partners in the effort of supporting our students through internships, mission opportunities, venue for our choir and other partnerships.
Davis & Elkins College invites applications for the position of Benfield-Vick Chaplain with a starting date prior to the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester. For a full description, visit the job postings section of our website.
D&E Selects Burnett for First Morrison-Novakovic Scholarship
Students Selected for Residency in Morrison-Novakovic Center
D&E Hosts Symposium on Faith, Spirituality and Higher Education