Professor of Nursing
Location: Eshleman Science Center 215A
What I Find Rewarding About D&E:
The warm and welcoming atmosphere of faculty and staff is pervasive. The campus is small enough to enjoy collegiality but large enough to sustain faculty growth and development. The mission of the College, “to prepare and inspire students for success and for thoughtful engagement in the world” is also exemplified by the administration in their support faculty pursuits for the same.
- Ed.D., Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- M.S. Nursing, West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.
- B.S. Nursing, Alderson-Broaddus College, Philippi, W.Va.
- Certified CPR Instructor, American Heart Association
- Certified Inpatient Obstetrical Nursing, Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
- Certified Pediatric Nursing, National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses
- Nurse, Ohio Valley General Hospital
- Nurse, Broaddus Hospital
- Nurse, Davis Memorial Hospital
- Professor, Ohio Valley General Hospital School of Nursing
- Professor, Alderson-Broaddus College
- Instructor, Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Introduction to Nursing
Research Interests/Professional Activities:
- Member, National League for Nursing
- Member, West Virginia League for Nursing
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau (International Honor Society of Nursing)
- Past President, West Virginia League for Nursing
- Past President, Board of Directors for the Elkins Regional Community Health Center
- Board of Directors, West Virginia League for Nursing
- Program Committee Chairman, West Virginia League for Nursing
- Who's Who in Nursing Education
- Who's Who in American Nursing
- Board of Directors, Appalachian Community Health
Dr. Witt has been appointed Peer Reviewer for the Higher Learning Commission.
Dr. Witt is interested in continuing to develop and maintain a realistic and challenging simulation lab where nursing students may practice in a safe and non-threatening environment and receive feedback for reflection and professional growth.