Online Communications Coordinator
Phone: o/c: 304-637-1213
What I Find Rewarding About D&E:
I enjoy being in a position that allows me to make an impact on the community I grew up in and the future of all D&E students.
Jessica maintains the Davis & Elkins College website and continuously works to grow the award-winning site. She helps produce e-communication for the College including promotional emails for multiple offices on campus and social media content for numerous Facebook and Twitter accounts. Her duties also include shooting campus and events photos and maintaining D&E's extensive Flickr photo-sharing site. Jessica also provides support for additional online communications tools utilized by the College, such as My D&E.
- M.S. Integrated Marketing Communications, West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.
- B.S. Business Administration (Marketing), West Virginia University
Jessica's experience includes freelance communications design in the medical field and working at The Daily Athenaeum newspaper at West Virginia University. During her master’s program, Jessica prepared a formal marketing campaign for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital that was submitted to the senior vice president of marketing.
- Social Media Seminars, Appalachian College Association, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Social Media Minor in a Morning Seminar, Public Relations Society of America – West Virginia Chapter, Fairmont State University, Fairmont, W.Va.
- Summer Institute in Communications & Marketing, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
- Social Media: Strategy, Implementation and Evaluation Seminar, Public Relations Society of America – West Virginia Chapter, Stonewall Resort, Roanoke, W.Va.
While an undergraduate, Jessica was a member of Golden Key International Honour Society, National Exemplary Scholars in Service, the WVU Marketing Club, and was named to the Dean's List and/or President's List six times. She also received the University's HERF Scholarship.