Professor of Business
Location: Robert C. Byrd Center for Hospitality and Tourism 206
What I Find Rewarding About D&E:
The most rewarding aspect of teaching for me is watching my students grow through their learning experiences and activities which enhance and enrich their lives for a successful future. The biggest challenge is supporting them so they stay motivated and create a future of their own.
- Ed.D. Curriculum & Instruction, West Virginia University, Morgantown, W.Va.
- M.S. Industrial Relations, West Virginia University
- M.A. Education-Secondary Business, West Virginia University
- B.S. Business Education-Comprehensive, Davis & Elkins College, Elkins, W.Va.
- Additional Study: Marshall University, Huntington, W.Va.
- Realtor, Landis Realty, 2009-2013
- Instructor of Business Education, Department Chair, Tucker County Schools, 1976-1980
- Strategic Management
- Principles & Policies of Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management Information Systems
- Business Communications including Web 2.0
- Information Software Processing I (Microsoft Excel & Word)
- Information Software Processing II (Microsoft Access & PowerPoint)
- Advertising & Promoting
- Marketing Communication
- Consumer Behavior
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Marketing
Research Interests/Professional Activities:
- Business Education including Management and Technology
- President, West Virginia Business Education Association
- Member, Strategic Planning Committee, Southern Business Education Association
- Member, Executive Board, West Virginia Association for Career and Technical Education
- Member, Executive Board, West Virginia Business Education Association
- Member, Advisory Committee, Future Business Leaders of America/Phi Beta Lambda
- Member, International Society for Business Education
- Member, Delta Phi Epsilon (Association for Research in Business Education)
- Business Education Induction Practices in the Southern Region of the United States, (1994) Ann Arbor, Michigan
- “A Comparison of Induction Practices of Beginning and Experienced Business Education Teachers in the Southern Region of the United States.” (1996) Reston, VA: NBEA, National Association of Business Teacher Education Review, Number 23, (37-46).
- Policies Commission for Business & Economic Education, Statement #70 This We Believe About Partnerships in Business Education (2001), Statement # 73 This We Believe About Computer-Input Technologies (2002), Statement, #74 This We Believe About Business Education in a Global Environment, #75 This We Believe About Enabling and Enhancing Educational Experiences through E-learning(2003), Business Education Forum, (October, 2004) Reston, VA: National Business Education Association.