Course work in Davis & Elkins’ online RN to BSN program is designed to enhance your nursing skills and prepare you for career advancement all while maintaining your current career obligations.
- Number of courses: 14
- Number of coursework credits required: 40 (36 + 4 practicum hours)
Nursing Courses: 28 credits
- Transition to Professional Nursing – 3 credits
- Quality and Safety in Nursing – 4 credits
- Health Assessment – 4 credits
- Community Nursing – 4 credits
- Evidence-based Practice – 3 credits
- Nursing Leadership - 4 credits
- Trends and Issues - 3 credits
- Integrated Concepts in Nursing Practice - 3 credits
Gen Ed Courses: 12 credits
- Health, Healing and the Fine Arts - 3 credits
- Ethical Perspectives in Health Care - 3 credits
- Statistics and Data Analysis - 3 credits
- History of the U.S. Health Care System and Health Care Reform - 3 credits
Professional Experience Credits: 12-24
24 credits awarded to nurses who enter the program with two years of experience working as an RN. Nurses with less experience must document a minimum of 24 professional education credits prior to graduation (the majority of D&E students—who are continuing from D&E’s associate degree program—should not need continuing education beyond what is required for maintaining their license).
No "traditional" clinicals; these are practicums completed within students' work environments.