Current Job Openings Include:
- Administrative Assistant, Division of Business & Entrepreneurship
- Dining Services (several positions)
Davis & Elkins College in Elkins, West Virginia invites applications for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant, Division of Business & Entrepreneurship beginning immediately.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a bachelor's or associate's degree.
- Have some experience and/or demonstrable abilities in the area of administrative support.
- Have experience researching and analyzing data in educational context or a proven record of quality research and analytical skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Have a collaborative working style.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Have the ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives, and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality as necessary in compliance with FERPA and privacy regulations.
- Possess proficiency with data software.
Essential, ongoing responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Managing a comprehensive and growing body of data utilized by the Division.
- Working collaboratively with members of the Division in a variety of assessment and accreditation activities including collecting data, extracting reports, and assisting in the creation of reports to accreditors.
- Providing support to the Chair of Division of Business & Entrepreneurship.
- Coordinating meetings and appointments as needed.
- Proctoring exams for professors as needed.
- Ordering office and educational supplies as needed.
- Ensuring that copy machine is operational.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
All applications must include a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of four professional references. A background check will be required before an appointment is made.
Please submit materials electronically via email to Ms. Jane Corey, Director of Human Resources at Davis & Elkins College at coreym. Please write Business in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Several part-time Kitchen and Dining Room positions are available in Dining Services.
- Dishwashers: Thorough cleaning of all pots, pans, kitchen equipment and floors. Ensure that sanitation and safety meets or exceeds specifications of Randolph County Health Department.
- Servers: Serve and interact with guests in friendly manner; set-up and clean-up in accordance with D&E standards.
- Cooks: Prepare items in accordance with HACCP regulations. Store and date all food properly. Clean and organize all equipment and storage areas in kitchen.
Minimum requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to lift 30 pounds. Prior experience preferred. Must pass drug screen and background check.
Those interested must fill out an application in the D&E Human Resources Office, Liberal Arts Hall, Room 203.
Davis & Elkins (D&E) is a vibrant, private, four-year, comprehensive college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). The College’s mission is to prepare and inspire students for success and for thoughtful engagement with the world. Drawing students nationally and internationally as a “College of Distinction”, Davis & Elkins also serves many first-generation students from the Appalachian region.
Elkins is a culturally-rich mountain town of 8,000, located in the heart of West Virginia's finest outdoor recreation area. The College is within two to four hours of several major metropolitan areas (Charleston, WV; Pittsburgh, PA; and Washington, D.C.).
Davis & Elkins College reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions.
Davis & Elkins College is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
For More Information Contact: