Current Job Openings Include:
- Administrative Assistant, Division of Business & Entrepreneurship
- Dining Services (several positions)
- Nursing Faculty
Davis & Elkins College in Elkins, West Virginia invites applications for the full-time position of Administrative Assistant, Division of Business & Entrepreneurship beginning immediately.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a bachelor's or associate's degree.
- Have some experience and/or demonstrable abilities in the area of administrative support.
- Have experience researching and analyzing data in educational context or a proven record of quality research and analytical skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Have a collaborative working style.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Have the ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives, and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality as necessary in compliance with FERPA and privacy regulations.
- Possess proficiency with data software.
Essential, ongoing responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Managing a comprehensive and growing body of data utilized by the Division.
- Working collaboratively with members of the Division in a variety of assessment and accreditation activities including collecting data, extracting reports, and assisting in the creation of reports to accreditors.
- Providing support to the Chair of Division of Business & Entrepreneurship.
- Coordinating meetings and appointments as needed.
- Proctoring exams for professors as needed.
- Ordering office and educational supplies as needed.
- Ensuring that copy machine is operational.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
All applications must include a letter of interest, resume and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of four professional references. A background check will be required before an appointment is made.
Please submit materials electronically via email to Ms. Jane Corey, Director of Human Resources at Davis & Elkins College at coreym. Please write Business in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Several part-time Kitchen and Dining Room positions are available in Dining Services.
- Dishwashers: Thorough cleaning of all pots, pans, kitchen equipment and floors. Ensure that sanitation and safety meets or exceeds specifications of Randolph County Health Department.
- Servers: Serve and interact with guests in friendly manner; set-up and clean-up in accordance with D&E standards.
- Cooks: Prepare items in accordance with HACCP regulations. Store and date all food properly. Clean and organize all equipment and storage areas in kitchen.
Minimum requirements: High school diploma or equivalent. Ability to lift 30 pounds. Prior experience preferred. Must pass drug screen and background check.
Those interested must fill out an application in the D&E Human Resources Office, Liberal Arts Hall, Room 203.
Davis & Elkins College in Elkins, West Virginia invites applications for a full-time, associate degree nursing faculty position beginning January 2015. The person holding this position will teach in the Fundamentals course and in medical-surgical nursing for the College’s ACEN-accredited Nursing program. Davis & Elkins’ Nursing program has recently revised the curriculum to align with the QSEN competencies. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Will hold an M.S.N.
- Have current nursing expertise.
- Have or be eligible for West Virginia licensure.
- Be committed to working collaboratively with colleagues, both within the program and among other divisions.
- Be committed to mentoring and nurturing students.
- Classroom and clinical instruction.
- Course and curriculum development and revision.
- Mentoring, advising and recruiting students and holding regular office hours.
- Providing service to the department, discipline, College and community.
- Engaging in ongoing professional development.
- Engaging in ongoing student learning outcomes activities.
- Community outreach and the development of relationships with members of the local and regional community.
- Acting in a professional and collegial manner (this includes: maintaining an ongoing presence on campus and maintaining confidentiality as required, holding daily office hours, participating in recruitment and retention efforts, and being accessible to students and colleagues).
All candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of successful college-level teaching, including strong professor-student relationships, commitment to student development and creative pedagogical practice. All applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of four professional references. Original transcripts and background check will be required before an appointment is made.
Please submit materials electronically via email to Ms. Sharon White, Administrative Assistant, Office of Academic Affairs, Davis & Elkins College at whites. Please type Nursing in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Davis & Elkins (D&E) is a vibrant, private, four-year, comprehensive college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). The College’s mission is to prepare and inspire students for success and for thoughtful engagement with the world. Drawing students nationally and internationally as a “College of Distinction”, Davis & Elkins also serves many first-generation students from the Appalachian region.
Elkins is a culturally-rich mountain town of 8,000, located in the heart of West Virginia's finest outdoor recreation area. The College is within two to four hours of several major metropolitan areas (Charleston, WV; Pittsburgh, PA; and Washington, D.C.).
Davis & Elkins College reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions.
Davis & Elkins College is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
For More Information Contact: